Notice of the AGM
Notice is hereby given that the 27th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will be held at the Museum of Cider, Pomona Place, Hereford HR4 0EF on Saturday 19th November 2022 at 11am.
Coffee will be available from 10.30am.
Members are welcome to attend the AGM online. Joining instructions can be found on the website at https://www.marcherapple.net/membership/agm-2022/. For those wishing to join the meeting remotely please email the secretary at email@example.com in order to be sent a Teams / Zoom invite.
- Apologies for absence
- To receive and approve the Minutes of the 26th AGM held on Saturday 20th November 2021
- Matters arising
- To receive and approve the Trustees’ Annual Report 2021-22
- To receive and adopt the Annual Accounts 2021-22
- Election of Directors
- To determine to appoint Examiners for Accounts 2022-23
- To consider a proposal to amend the Articles of Association to allow Annual and other General Meetings to be held online, by telephone or on a hybrid basis (with some people meeting face-to-face and others joining virtually). (See proposed amendments to paras. 5, 5a, 8, 11, 15 and 24)
As well as the temporary restrictions imposed by COVID-19, MAN’s membership is widely distributed and new developments in technology are making it more possible to include our remote members.
- To consider a proposal to hold meetings of the Board of Directors in any way that best suits their collective circumstances and convenience, with the ability to hold meetings in-person, by video, via e-mail or any other recognized method of communication. (See proposed amendments to para. 43)
- To consider a proposal that the annual subscription be raised to £20 from 1st August 2023.
- Open Forum where Trustees will be available to answer questions
- Any other business
Our visiting speaker at around 12.15pm will be Dr David Marshall, who will talk to us about ‘Apples and People – the astonishing global story of the apple’.
The current Directors and Trustees are Peter Austerfield, Jackie Denman, Nick Dunn, Sir Andrew Large, Andy Pillow and David Smith.
Nick Dunn will be retiring as a Director to pursue a project with the Royal Horticultural Society, which will leave just five Directors where in 2019 there were nine. We are appealing to more members to become Trustees. Indeed, it is now critical for MAN’s future, the future of your Charity and Company and all that has been achieved and yet to do. For simplicity, we propose co-option for the first year and election by the membership subsequently.
If you are willing to serve, please contact any Trustee or the Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Brock House, Pelham Road, Upton Magna, Shropshire SY4 4UA
If you are not able to attend the AGM but would like to vote on any motions, you may do so by exercising a proxy vote. A form is available which has to be signed and returned to MAN’s Registered Office, to arrive 48 hours before the AGM.
‘Apples and People’ is a partnership between the Brightspace Foundation, the Museum of Cider and the National Trust in Herefordshire, helped by a panel of some of the world’s leading apple experts. Ongoing online digital engagement is a prelude to a programme of exhibitions at four sites in Herefordshire in 2023. Dave Marshall represents the Brightspace Foundation on the programme board and is also Chairman of Board of Trustees of Hereford Cider Museum.
At a time when Marcher Apple Network needs more than ever to engage with new and different people, ‘Apples and People’ is an expression of the depth of that connection across time and place. Symbolising global connectedness, individual achievement, happenchance, and people and nature working closely together, the apple we eat today offers us hope as well as nourishment. See https://applesandpeople.org.uk/